Episode 04: Mother’s Day Edition | Mama’s & Doulas Our Birth Experiences w/ Doula Thamar Innocent
Today we are speaking about our own birth stories and experiences as we journeyed into motherhood. We have a lot of fun unpacking our pregnancy cravings, what it was like being young mamas and even what happens to our bodies after babies.
After that we sit down with out guest Thamar Innocent from theheavenlynature.com to speak about her motherhood birth experience and get int the work of a full spectrum doula. Thamar gets into detail on what it’s like to be a doula, why she got started in the first place and how we can all be supportive to moms during the birth process.
Thamar Innocent is a trained Full Spectrum Doula, lactation counselor, and Childbirth educator and her goal is to create a space filled with support, resources, advocacy, for pregnant women and their families. Her passion is rooted in a Caribbean culture that prides themselves on caring for the woman from preconception through her transition into motherhood.
As a daughter of Haitian immigrants, she has a heart for the Haitian diaspora community in NYC and works diligently to help those that need her services the most.Thamar feels that her purpose is to support and empower moms to lead a holistic lifestyle that fits them. She is laser focused on educating women throughout the childbearing year so that they can make informed decisions and have access to resources they might otherwise have not known of.
She is also the co-founder of Building The Best Me an initiative rooted in a relentless drive to provide love, support, and community to the modern woman of color. She lives in NY with her husband and 8-year-old son, loves 90’s R&B and Hip-hop, and mac and cheese!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE SPEAK ON…
- Autumn & Jewel’s Birth Story from finding out about conception to delivery
- Those weird pregnancy cravings and things that happen and change after birth
- 57:00 Begins Thamar’s Introduction
- Thamar’s Birth experience
- Thamar’s doula work & how we can all support mothers
EPISODE HIGHLIGHTS: FROM THE GUEST
- Can you guess the weirdest pregnancy craving? Jewel and Autumn talk about the fun and funky cravings while pregnant
- What happens to your body that you don’t expect?
- Who didn’t find out the gender of their first born?
- Autumn was in labor for how long?
- Embarrassing things that happen after birth!
EPISODE HIGHLIGHTS: QUOTES FROM THE HOSTS
- “Its a lot of just being there for the mom and giving them what they want”.
- “We’re not just there for birth, we are there from the beginning”!
Please do us a favor and head on over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review to be featured in upcoming episodes!
RESOURCES Mentioned During the Episode…
- Follow Thamar on Instagram @theheavenlynature
- The Heavenly Nature
- Manhattan Birth
- Doula Match
- Ancient Song Doula
- New York Metro Doula Group Collective
- The Doula Project
- Mama Glow
LET’S STAY CONNECTED
- The Official Well Fit Mama Facebook Group where we keep the conversation going in between episodes
- Want to be the next guest on the podcast? Email us at email@example.com
MORE FROM THE WELL FIT MAMA PODCAST:
Fresh by MBB https://soundcloud.com/mbbofficial Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/YqRO_qgBB1c